The Lenox Jazz Stroll
The pandemic safety guidelines for indoors events have necessitated the suspension of our indoors programming for the remainder of 2020.
But, music followers yearning for ‘live’ performances had a bonanza on Saturday, Sept. 12, when the Lenox Jazz Stroll featured five bands in a series of free one-hour concerts. Taking place throughout the picturesque Berkshires town, the Stroll is sponsored by Mill Town Capital, the Lenox Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau, and Berkshires Jazz, Inc.
The lineup and schedule included:
• Noon: Ben Kohn Quartet, Gateways Inn
• 1pm: Mary Ann McSweeney, Winstanley Green
• 2pm: Berkshire Jazz Quartet, Lenox Library Reading Park
• 3pm: Richard Stanmeyer Quartet, Church Street Dining Terrace
• 4pm: Kris Allen, Jonathan Barber, Luques Curtis, Gateways Inn
Pandemic guidelines were strictly followed, and several of the venues were turning away fans (sorry).
Given the evolving pandemic situation, please check back for the latest news. We look forward to the return of some sort of normalcy, and to an exciting year in 2021.
Stay safe, and healthy. And enjoy the growing number of venues that are presenting jazz al fresco. Check our Regional Jazz Calendar for details, which are provided by the artists and the venues.